Netwealth is a London based modern wealth management company that provides a tailored and cost-effective discretionary portfolio management service. Founded in early 2016 by Charlotte Ransom and Thomas Salter, former Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan executives, Netwealth combines a highly experienced investment team with powerful financial technology. The company provides a discretionary portfolio management service targeting mass-affluent and high net worth private clients across the UK.
Clients can choose their portfolios online based on their financial goals, supported by a set of powerful financial tools or speak with qualified financial advisers to consider their circumstances and objectives. All portfolios are managed on a consistent, centralised basis by the investment team.
The company is growing fast, and we are looking to add key members to the team to meet ongoing client demand.
As a key member of the Portfolio Management Team, the associate portfolio manager will work closely with the other team members, assisting with the design, construction and implementation of all Netwealth investment portfolios and supporting analysis of macroeconomic themes.
They will report to the Head of Portfolio Management.
Required Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Candidates should be:
- Hard working, self-motivated and able to work independently in a team-oriented environment
- Highly numerate
- Curious about financial markets and what drives them
- Prepared to get involved in a wide range of areas across the business and be flexible to evolve as the business grows
- Successful candidates will likely have:
- 2-5 years' experience in an investment management environment, either within institutional, private wealth management or advisory firms
- A broad understanding of financial markets and investment instruments across public markets
- Advanced excel skills, strong analytical abilities and high levels of attention to detail
- The ability to communicate the drivers of market moves to colleagues, and ultimately, clients
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg
- Candidates should preferably hold the Investment Management Certificate (IMC) and be working towards or holding the CFA designation or another investment management qualification
- Become a key member of the investment team who manage all client portfolios
- Work closely with colleagues in Operations, Technical Development, Client Service and Advisory roles to ensure that the client experience of Netwealth service is of the highest standard
- Become jointly responsible for monitoring investment portfolios on a day-to-day basis, accommodating client portfolio cashflows and including the execution of strategy changes, and rebalancing moves
- Maintain the investment team infrastructure, supporting and enhancing the team's models and materials
- Contribute fully to the investment process; the candidate will have the opportunity to propose, test and challenge investment ideas and have impact on the investment thinking of the team
- Assist with appropriate instrument selection on an ongoing basis, ensuring that all assets are compliant, investible, and liquid. Become an expert in understanding the characteristics of the universe of index-tracking funds, and stay current with all future developments in a rapidly-changing market
Potential for career development
- Associate Portfolio Managers are encouraged and supported to continue their studies for professional qualifications
- Opportunity to participate and directly influence the investment output and infrastructure in a fast-moving environment, engaging directly with experienced professionals and executive team
- The company is experiencing high levels of growth and individuals that show consistently high levels of performance will have significant opportunities both to learn and develop within the company, as well as remuneration benefits over time
Please email us your CV and any other relevant information: